One thing you will find when you work with me is that I often have a different approach than many traditional coaches. I don't ever offer a one size fits all approach to anything I do - my goal is to show you formulas that equal success but allow you to apply them in a way that works for your life and your business. As you read the following ways to optimize your business, I want you to take time to reflect on what each suggestion means for you in your own business.
1) Stand firm in the transformation you can offer - When I work with individuals I often find that they are offering both a lower cost option and a full package. When I ask why this is, many state that it is so that more people can afford it or it is the easier sale or their hope is that people will invest in that first and then see the value in the higher priced item. The issue with this situation is that someone isn't ever going to see the same result with a lower priced package as they will with your full package. I challenge you to stop selling the band aid to your clients when what they really need is surgery.
I know what you are thinking, but I promise it won't mean that you will make less money - it means that you will be more focused on showing people why they need your full package. I worked with an individual once who had a small package for under $500 and a full package for $5000 - I told her to take away the $500 package and she listened. That week she sold 3 $5000 packages. Why? Because it was what people needed and she was willing to show them why.
2) Stand firm in your values - We have this illusion that when we make six figures we are going to take days off, go on vacations, be present with our families. The reality is, if we aren't willing to do it now then it isn't likely to ever happen. WHEN IS NOW! Honor your values and stand firm in your boundaries now as you build your business and it is something that you will always carry with you.
Not to mention, when you don't honor your values as you are building your business you are sending the message that you are operating from a scarcity mindset. You are telling yourself, if I don't work on the weekends or spend extra time working at night then I won't be able to be successful. When you stand in your values and establish clear boundaries, you are coming from a place of abundance and acknowledging that there is enough time and you don't have to work so hard to make money.
In case you need to hear it: It is OK to take weekends off, in fact I encourage it. Make time for yourself and your family - ensure that you are building a business around your life, not your life around your business.
3) Stand firm in your client experience - Your client acquisition system should never stop when you gain a client, you want the end result to be that every client is a fan. For this reason, you need to make sure that you provide your clients with exactly what they need to be successful, no matter what the experts are telling you. Don't feel pressured to have your program be a set time length because that is how your coach does it -- honor what feels good to you and allows you to best serve your clients.
For example, in my line of work, we are often coached to be low touch so that we can reach more clients and make more money ourselves. That doesn't sit well with me - I want each and every one of my clients to know that I am fully invested in them and their results. While your style may not be exactly the same as mine, focus on ensuring your clients feel like they get exactly what they need from you (and more!)
When we are creating six figure businesses, we forget to anchor in a six figure life. We have a misconception that when we level up our business we will level up the rest of our life, but that isn't the case. We have to be equally leveling up all aspects of our lives to experience true success. Focusing on standing firm in the transformation we offer, our values, and the client experience that feels right to us is a way to create a six figure business that honors and fits who we are as individuals and will support our six figure life now and in the future.
OK first things first - do you know what you would want your six figure life to look like?! Not the Pinterest version of it or a view from the outside into someone else's life! Take time right now and dream about what would change from your current way of living when you were living your Six Figure life?
Seriously, take the time to do it, I'll wait! In fact, grab a piece of paper even and start jotting down the things that come to your mind! If you need a little help getting your thoughts flowing, here are some questions to ask: What would your house look like, what would your bed feel like, what kind of help/support would you have in place, what would your wardrobe/hair/accessories look like, how would you spend your days, would you want to travel, what other upgrades would you make?
Alright, ready to start living elements of that Six Figure life right now?! Then do it! Look back at that list and determine what small incremental changes you can make today! I'm not suggesting that you put yourself into debt, but it is ok to splurge on the slightly more expensive almond milk if you like how it tastes better and you know that once you are making six figures you won't ever buy the cheap brand again! The key is to understand it doesn't have to be huge changes for you to have an energetic shift, maybe it is buying a new outfit that fits the vision of your six figure self, buying the more expensive soap to wash your hands with in your bathroom, upgrading your sheets, or going and getting a new haircut! Perhaps you have visions of having a full time nanny, while you might not be able to afford that currently perhaps you can afford someone to come to the house for 2 hours a day every day. Get creative and think outside of the box!
Want to know what incremental upgrades I made first?! I thought you would never ask! My underwear drawer was first... I thought that women with matching underwear had their stuff together and I wanted to be like them. Now I tell all of my clients to level up their life, starting with their underwear drawer... LOL! Next up was our vacations. As a family we started going to the places we wanted to vs what we thought we could "afford." We also always add in a convertible when we are taking trips to the beach!
Living your six figure life doesn't have to be something that is far off and elusive! You can start living your six figure life today! Of course there will be elements you have to wait on but allow yourself to start loving your life now - enjoy the process of getting to your six figure dream life.
Over the last two weeks I have broken down my Six Figure Power Hour for you - beginning with my Client Acquisition Blueprint that helps you effortlessly connect with 780 potential clients to fill your calendar and waitlist and sell products before you even launch. Next we talked about Journaling, Planning Your Day, and Writing Your Goals & Tracking Your $ to ensure that you are in a Six Figure mindset to own your day, not be a victim of it.
Here is the thing -- this isn't something you can do one time or for one week and see lasting results. You must create the habit and practice it everyday consistently. Show up for yourself, for your potential, and for business. I am often reminded of the quote from James Clear: "You do not rise to the level of your goals. You fall to the level of your systems." Your goals are just ideas, you have to take action to make them happen.
The Six Figure Power Hour is a system upon which your Six Figure Business is built on action. I teach my clients that your Six Figure Power Hour™️ is the Minimum Viable Awesome (or MVA as we call it) in your business. If you do nothing else in a day, you have to do this one thing! Build a habit to create your six figure business.
If you are ready to learn the ins and outs of my Six Figure Power Hour™️ - check out my Masterclass, that brings every step of my system right to your email inbox and helps you to easily implement it by clicking HERE.
Last week, I told you about my Client Acquisition Blueprint and how I connect with 60 potential clients per month as a part of my Six Figure Power Hour. This week we are going to talk about the planning aspect of the Six Figure Power Hour.
Sooooo... What does your morning look like?! Do you find yourself rushing from the second your feet hit the ground? What if I told you the first step in creating your Six Figure Business is taking time in the morning to slow down... yup I know you have a ton to do, but you aren't going to be successful if you are operating from a place without a plan. That is why my Six Figure Power Hour includes Journaling, Planning Your Day, and Writing Your Goals & Tracking Your $.
I hear excuses from people all the time about why they can't journal... it usually sounds something like I can't journal, I never know what to write; I don't like journaling, it doesn't do anything for me; or I don't have time to journal. Guess what?! There is no right or wrong thing to write, you don't know if it does (or doesn't) do something for you unless you try and all that I ask is you journal for 15 minutes. Now that we have the excuses out of the way, let's talk about why we journal. I don't know about you but my brain is constantly filled with stuff -- ideas for programs, thoughts about what I need to get done, what is for meals that day, what is currently happening in various aspects of my relationship - the list goes on... Journaling helps to get all your thoughts out of your mind and onto paper. You might be surprised with ideas you come up with, patterns you see in your thought process, or just how ready you feel to work when your brain doesn't feel so cluttered. The key to journaling is to just write, without thinking - seriously, let go of the idea of right and wrong answers.
I have three simple questions you can use each day as prompts: What can I do today that my future self will thank me for? What is on my mind? If my goals had already happened, I would...
Next up is planning your day. Take 15 minutes to specifically list out what you are going to be doing and when. Make sure you have built in time to go live or post your call to action for the day. This seems simple, but so many people just hit the ground running and don't sit down to prioritize what needs to get done, which can mean you spend time spinning your wheels on things that don't matter. I am a firm believer that if you don't plan your day, than you become a victim of it.
The last thing we are going to talk about is listing out your goals and tracking your dollars. This is quite possibly the simplest step BUT it has HUGE impacts on your life and your business. Every day, list out your BIG goals -- what are you working towards, what can you already visualize happening. I recommend having 3-5 goals that you list out daily (the same ones!). Also, take time to track your money daily! You can structure this however you like (either each morning track what you made the day before or save this step for the end of the day!). Don't discount things you received that have a monetary value but isn't necessarily money that hits your bank account.
Ok - now you know how to complete all of the steps of my Six Figure Power Hour, you might be thinking - wow that is easy! Guess what - That is what this system is meant to be, something that you can easily add to your day, to create a consistent routine that helps you to move your business forward! Commit to it for 90 days and let me know your results - I can't wait to hear how much your business was positively impacted!
It's As Simple as 3, 2, 1...
OK - I am going to give you the details on the first part of my Six Figure Power Hour: my Client Acquisition Blueprint. It is the foundation of my business and how I guide my clients to having more clients than they know what to do with! I have to be honest though, it is going to sound too good to be true. You are going to think, that's it?!
Every single day, I take 15 minutes to complete my Client Acquisition Blueprint. This involves connecting with 3 totally new people, following up with 2 people and prepping 1 call to action post for social media. I know what you are thinking, I told you that you would -- that's it?! Yup! Let's take a moment to look closer at each of the elements.
3 - Connect with 3 totally new people. Are you cold selling them?! NOPE
Are you messaging them to let them know who you are and what you do?! NOPE
You are connecting on a totally human level. Look in FB groups or on IG - find something that genuinely interests you and let them know! Don't overthink it, just engage with people as if you were out at a bar or sitting in the park watching your kids play. Be a person first. You might be surprised at where the conversation can go when you make a genuine connection.
2 - Follow-Up with 2 new people. Are you randomly messaging people you connected with and cold selling them?! NOPE Are you messaging people who you've never connected with before?! NOPE (that would be your 3 ;)) Are you jumping immediately into a conversation about who you are and what you are selling?! NOPE
You are following up the same way you would if you saw someone again at the bar who you saw before or the same mom you saw a few weeks. Ask them how things are going. If you became FB friends, comment on something new you realized they have been working on. Invite them to hop on a coffee chat with you, so that you can get to know them better. Again, just let the conversation happen naturally.
1 - Prepare your Call to Action Post. Every. Single. Day. you will post 1 call to action post on your personal profile. Include a catchy title, three bullet points and a call to action at the end. Your call to action post should help people to understand more of what you can do, how you can help them, and how they can connect with you. What does that look like in action?! Head over to my Facebook profile to see, because I practice what I preach ;)
Here is the bottom line: Inviting people to like your business page won't get you clients! Inviting people to your group (without a serious nurturing plan) won't get you clients! Sending friend requests like a crazy person won't get you clients! Slow down, make true connections, have coffee talks and get to know people before you try to sell them!
If you do the Client Acquisition Blueprint daily, you would have connected with 15 people a week and 60 new people every month! How many of those people know other people who need your services? But they will only tell them about YOU if you take the time to get to know them too!
So what is holding you back from starting?! Remember it is super easy, so no excuses!
Six Figure Habits
What if I told you that the key to having a six figure business wasn't what you thought it was... When I talk to people for the first time, they often think that having a six figure business is out of their reach because they haven't even begun to develop their branding, design their website, create their opt-in freebie, or create a picture perfect launch strategy with all the bells and whistles. But here is the thing, while all of those things are nice to have, they don't make or break your business. I have coached people to 10k months (and beyond), who still don't have all of those things!
So what is a Six Figure Figure business based on?! Consistently following through on these specific habits daily: Setting your intention, planning your day, setting your goals, completing the 3-2-1 Client Attraction Blueprint, visiting your money goal, setting your belief for the day and journaling/visualizing.
I know what you are thinking - I barely have time to heat up my coffee, let alone add in all of those steps! But here is the thing, with practice those steps will only take an hour or less. Not to mention on days that you just don't feel like working, if you do only those things, you will find yourself continuing to move towards success.
We will spend the next few weeks talking about each of those aspects but first I want you to fully understand that success is built on consistency! The secret to my routine is YOU! You have to choose to show up for yourself and your business everyday or you aren't going to see any changes.
My money mentor Denise Duffield Thomas wrote an article about her gorgeous beach front house and she said "this is the house that consistency built!" That was months ago and I am still taken by that truth. Consistency is the name of the game. Consistent messy action - consistently connecting, growing, learning, and most of all implementing. Consistency is what changes everything!
My business was built on consistent 15 minutes - not consistent 15 hour days.
My clients grow their business by showing up consistently. Growing their audience consistently. Working on their power hour consistently.
If you are ready to start consistently showing up in your business, tune in here on the blog and in my Facebook Group all this month to learn more about each step of The Six Figure Power Hour.
Last week we talked about 3 Ways Your Community Might Be Holding You Back from Meeting Your Goals -- this week let's talk about how they can help you reach them!
1) See the Talent Around You. Your immediate community is full of talented women who can help you in any and every aspect of your business and life (seriously!) I firmly believe that every single person in my world has something to offer. I don't need to seek out the celebrity FB ads expert, the celebrity marriage specialist, the celebrity copy writer, the celebrity sleep specialist, the celebrity organizational specialist (you know this list could go on forever right?! just insert whatever area you are currently trying to tackle!) - all I need to do is look to the amazing people in my world, the ones who the world hasn't caught up with yet! Not only that, they often provide a more personalized approach and have more of a vested interest in your success than the big names ever could.
2) Find Your Light House. It is so easy to look around and feel intimidated by the people around us. Social media consistently showcases everyone's successes and if you aren't in the right frame of mind, it can be easy to say "why not me???" As we finish off The Power of Community Month, I want to challenge this way of thinking. The people in your life who are doing everything you want to be doing, they aren't your competition, they are your light house! As soon as you start to hear the "why not me??" question in your head, reframe it to an exclamation "WHY NOT ME!" because it can be you and that person is proof!
3) Allow Your Community to Support and Uplift You. Entrepreneurship has its hard days - find a community that allows you to say out loud what you are struggling with, supports you, and then pushes you to get back on track. There is something incredibly empowering about knowing there is a group of people hoping you succeed and cheering you on as you try. But here is the thing, you have to be willing to let them in, to have the honest conversations and to let them give you real feedback because that is where the magic happens.
You might notice that all of these recommendations have more to do with you than your actual community and I'll tell you why - I want you to feel empowered to create a community that will support and challenge you. Entrepreneurship can be lonely but it doesn't have to be! Look around you and see all of the amazing people who are there, the friendships to be made, and the little extra that may help you reach your goals that much faster!
Is your community holding you back from reaching your goals?! Let's examine three ways to easily identify that it is time to find a new community to support you!
1) Your money goals might be too big for your community. Have you ever shared a money goal to your friends and almost felt embarrassed - like "who do I think I am to have this goal?!" Be aware if you ever feel that feeling of being embarrassed, shrinking or downplaying your own game, then you probably aren't surrounded by the right community. You know how Dave Ramsey talks about wanting to buy the smallest house in a really nice neighborhood with lots of big houses -- the same theory applies here: You don't want to have the biggest goals in your community. You want to be mindful that your community supports your goals and challenges your goals. If your goals challenge them and trigger them, you might need to find a new community.
2) Your community has the hard worker mentality and thinks that your job is just too easy. You might hear their judgement about not working hard enough -- because you aren't driving through blizzards to get to work or dropping your sick kids off at daycare to put in long hours, you aren't working hard enough to make the money you are making. They may not say these things so blatantly, instead it may be offhanded comments like: You are so lucky! How do you make so much without working at all?! While this comment may seem simple enough, if you hear it enough, you may start to internalize the need to work more.
In reality, you need to make the shift from being a hard worker to an aligned worker. I used to be a hard worker and I was broke. When I had my babies, I had a c-section and both times I brought my laptop with me to the hospital to get work done. I worked my entire maternity leave and at 7 weeks old both of my kids went to daycare so I could get back to the office. I was a hard worker and I was broke! So hard work does not equal making more money, no matter how much people will tell you that is the case! Aligned work may look easier but it is simply because you are operating from your zone of genius and speaking from a place of authenticity. It doesn't feel like or look like work when you are in your zone! If you feel like you have to prove you are working hard enough in your community, then it might be time to find a new community.
3) Your community tries to put you into a mold of who you used to be but that mold no longer serves you. You may hear things like: "Oh but you always used to do it this way!" or "You never thought that way before!" or "Oh you never used to get upset about this before!" Again, these statements may seem innocent enough but it is a clear indicator that your community wants you to stay the person you have always been. They aren't able to see the changes you have made or the bigger goals you are reaching for. Look for a community that is interested in learning more about the things you are now passionate about, even if it is something that is completely new to you! Surround yourself with people who challenge you to explore this new way of thinking, who push you to continue to be the best version of yourself.
I want to leave you with a final thought: a rising tide raises all boats -- when you step into your full potential, you are going to give subconscious permission to everyone around you to do the same thing. Life is too short to surround yourself with people who make you feel like you need to shrink! You have worked too hard to get here, just to get here, it is time for more! I promise you, it gets better and better!
The Power of Community
I wanted to take a minute to tell you a little bit about what is happening behind the scenes in Six Figure Society™️ because it really illustrates the power of community and having a quality support network.
Some of the ladies have been reaching their goal of 10k months in as little as 4 weeks - which is super crazy and I am so honored to be a part of their journey! Like we all do business together - they hire me as their coach but they also all work together.
Entrepreneurship can be lonely, especially in a COVID world where we have lost the vast majority of our in person support mechanisms. It is hard not to have people to talk to about your big goals, the strategies you will use to achieve them and all the little nuances that go into being an entrepreneur. Most women I talk to don't even have a partner who truly gets it -- even if they are supportive of you, if they aren't doing the same thing it can be hard to have in depth conversations. I will never say your support network can make or break you but having a support group to hold you accountable to meeting your goals and provide support and encouragement is priceless. What would it mean to you to know that you have a support system that is cheering you on from start to finish - who actually want you to be successful and will go out of their way to support you in meeting your goals.
I got to watch that scenario play out within Six Figure Society, recently. We all regularly talk about our goals, steps we are taking to make our goals and how close we are to achieving them. One of the ladies was about $300 short of her $10k goal on the last day of the month. She does business with someone else in the group, who told her to go ahead and bill her the $300 because they would surely find something else for her to do to account for that amount. So she billed her the $300 and she met her $10k month goal!! Was it cheating?! No, not in my opinion. She put her goal out into the universe, she worked to get super close to it and then her relationship helped to push her over the edge to make that goal. What an amazing confidence boost for her. Now that she has done it once, she knows she can do it over and over again.
You are the result of the five people you surround yourself with. Make sure that those people you are surrounded with are the right people. You want those five people to be the ones who celebrate you when you are successful, push you to be your best, encourage you and challenge you. Avoid including people who pull you down or consciously (or subconsciously) by giving you messaging that keeps you "safe." You shouldn't have to ask yourself if you network is supporting you, you should know it.
Finally, find people to support you in your weakness but also challenge you in your goals. Your network needs to help you to see what your blind spots are. Look for people who ask you how they can support you (and you should do the same for them!). Also, you don't just want people in your circle to just say your did you best! You want your support network to challenge you to do more because they know you can. Your support network should never let you short change yourself or come up with excuses.
Have you experienced the life changing experience of being a part of a supportive community?! If you haven't and would like to experience the magic of Six Figure Society, click here to get on the wait list.
I was hesitant to write a blog on money and your network because I was afraid that the way that I do things might be a personality trait. However, after further reflection I figured out this wasn't the case because I am an introvert (I know, crazy right?!) In fact, short and simple small talk drains me! Once I figured that out, I realized I needed to network in a way that felt organic and natural to me. When I really looked at this way of networking, I realized it was something anyone could do.
Before I begin, I want to emphasize that I do not see people as a dollar signs and you shouldn't either! You should not create a network for the sole purpose of making more money, even if that is often the natural outcome of having a solid network.
1) Be visible - Don't play small when it comes to your business, take up space, own that you are a business person with a real business. Tell the people around you what you do! Why? If people know what you do, then it is easier for them to seek you out to help them or to refer their friends to you. Don't be a business owner that hides away and no one knows what it is that you do or what success people have had from working with you.
When you are talking about your business and what you do, don't just tell people your title, tell them exactly what it is that you do. For example, don't just say - I am a business coach, tell them: I help entrepreneurs make more money! Why does that make a difference?! When you just say business coach, it is very generic and people can't begin to think about how that would apply to their lives or the lives of those they know. However, as soon as you use the word entrepreneur, they begin to think of people in their lives who are entrepreneurs, maybe they just reconnected with a friend who was telling them about the new business they started - suddenly you've connected the dots for them about how you can help! Bottom line, if you don't tell the world (and especially your network) what you do, then the world will never benefit from what you do!
2) Treat People as People: That ones sounds sooooo basic but it is perhaps the one that I see most entrepreneurs struggle with. How often does someone friend request you and then immediately start pitching whatever it is they have to sell! Connect with people on a real level, not just a business level.
It is ok to connect with people online about something you see that intrigues you that isn't business -- a song they are listening to or a quote that you saw that spoke to you. If the conversation flows naturally to business, great!
Also, don't disregard engaging with someone because they aren't your ideal client -- they probably know 1-3 people who are your ideal client. When you disregard them as not being your ideal client, you are actually seeing them as a dollar sign. When you interact with people from a genuine space and are open to give them your attention, then you are making a true connection. Connect with people on a real level - it doesn't always have to be a conversation based solely on business
3) Operate from the highest level of integrity - You are in business to make money, but money shouldn't be what drives your decisions. Don't sell your business to someone if it isn't the right fit. There is always the possibility it will be the right fit in the future OR that they know someone who you are the right fit for. When you say no to someone because it isn't the right fit, you aren't saying no to an opportunity, you are saying no to the potential for an opportunity gone bad. People appreciate and respect when you are upfront and say, this isn't the right time for us to work with one another - you need to do A B and C before we can work together because I don't want to just take your money and not be able to deliver the results you are expecting. Again, this shows the person that you see them as a person and not as a dollar sign - it isn't about the sale, it is about wanting them to get the help they need!
If you really have deep connections with people, instead of seeing them as a dollar sign, you are going to make more money. Anytime you operate from the utmost integrity, you are going to make more money. We spend so much of our lives feeling like a number, be someone who listens to them and actually offers them a true solution, even if that solution isn't you!
I love sharing many of my beliefs, thoughts and at times unpopular opinions.