Creating content can feel like it is a never ending task! However, I have found over the years that there are things that I can do to streamline the process and make it feel simple.
1) Get crystal clear on your message! So how do you get crystal clear on your messaging?! Every single one of my clients creates a framework of 3 Pillars that their business is based on and that they provide to their clients. This makes creating content extremely easy because they always have something to refer back to if they are out of ideas of what to talk about.
Determining your 3 Pillars may not be very difficult -- if you are posting content consistently, you are likely talking about several themes regularly, you just need to package them in a cohesive manner. If you want to learn more, I recently went live to talk about the Importance of 3 Pillars in Your Business in my Facebook Group.
2) Create a List of Catchy Headings - Now that you have a your message crystal clear, consider your three pillars and brainstorm a list of topics you would like to talk about. Don't write the posts YET, just make a list of catchy headings you can refer back to.
3) Have a Plan for Getting it Written - The key to any content strategy is to be consistent. Make sure when you are deciding when and where to post, that you have the time available to create daily content. Do you send a weekly email, write a weekly blog and post daily in your Facebook Group? This is the part where many get overwhelmed but stay with me! If you are prepping materials for the following month, it means you have approximately 20 posts to create. Look back at your list of catchy headings and assign them to specific days. Spend the next 2 work weeks creating 2 of those posts per day. Some like to knock this out in one day but I find that this often leads to your content feeling forced or falling flat
4) Have a Structure for Writing Your Posts - Every single one of my Facebook Posts follows my 5 step process outlined in my Six Figure Power Hour™️ - Catchy Title, 3 Bullet Points, Call to Action. Because there is a structure, when I go to write my posts I don't have to put a ton of thought into how it will turn out and it gives me a format to clearly convey my messaging.
5) Repurpose Your Content - Constantly creating new content can be overwhelming (and not always the best use of your time!), this is why mastering repurposing your content is so important! One Facebook post can be transformed into a blog, email, IG post and a variety of other types of content with simple tweaks. This also ensures that your audience receives your message from a wide variety of sources framed in a variety of different ways, which may help them to understand and internalize the information more.
Always remember, it is better to have less than perfect consistent messaging than inconsistent perfect content. Commit to getting crystal clear on your message and then start talking about it - not every post will be a slam dunk and that is ok!
Leave a Reply.
I love sharing many of my beliefs, thoughts and at times unpopular opinions.